But what if you have too many “Important Stuffs”?
I am working on eating a plant-based diet. It takes focus. Maybe it shouldn’t take so much focus, but it is taking my focus!
And I am back in the children’s ministry game! Yay! I will be launching a new website shortly showcasing my best-selling product line — The Party Plans! So much excitement has surrounded these products, so much excitement surrounding getting them revamped and re-released.
AND I am attempting to get myself back to writing daily. Continue reading
Looking back on a trip around the calendar is an excellent use of time. And my 2016 was a crazy one. How was yours?
- It is the first year we did not add on a grandchild for the past 5 years! Crazy! (But we are adding one in 2017, so all is well.)
- We moved from Illinois to Nevada! What? Really? yup!
- I turned to a plant based diet! I did what exactly? It still seems strange. (Not as strange as the fact that we live in Las Vegas.) I wrote a little blurb about it here. Vegan, Really?
- My writing took a serious back seat to the other things happening in my world. (Not my favorite thing on the list.)
It is vital to look at where you were and where you are. What are you happy with? What are you frustrated by? Continue reading
Tip #1 — DON’T MAKE A BIG GIANT DEAL OUT OF IT.
Sometimes we drive our own selves crazy. Don’t go intensely into it. Just start. Scribble a list. Don’t make a list of gourmet meals you have never cooked before. Begin with your regulars. Don’t read 400 blog posts about it and 2,317 Pinterest recipes.
- Pull out a piece of paper
- Go to your kitchen
- Open your pantry, your fridge, and your freezer
- Write down the main dish items you have on hand
- Add a side dish or salad
It’s not really embarrassing, just sort of weird.
I’m addicted to meal planning.
Truly. I know, weird. Continue reading
Oh dear … things are getting serious around here. There are stacks of boxes and bins for the moving truck.
I’m a wannabe — I’m sure most people are in some category. And perhaps in more than one.
I’m a wannabe organized person. I can be very organized on the job, but at home it has always been W.O.R.K. My third child, a girl, came from the womb organized. She takes after my mother. I did not inherit that gene. By the age of 6 she was taking care of my spice cabinet. At 10 she banned me from putting away groceries in the pantry. She said I did not do it correctly. I talk about them here. Continue reading