Looking back on a trip around the calendar is an excellent use of time. And my 2016 was a crazy one. How was yours?
- It is the first year we did not add on a grandchild for the past 5 years! Crazy! (But we are adding one in 2017, so all is well.)
- We moved from Illinois to Nevada! What? Really? yup!
- I turned to a plant based diet! I did what exactly? It still seems strange. (Not as strange as the fact that we live in Las Vegas.) I wrote a little blurb about it here. Vegan, Really?
- My writing took a serious back seat to the other things happening in my world. (Not my favorite thing on the list.)
It is vital to look at where you were and where you are. What are you happy with? What are you frustrated by? Continue reading
Seriously, I cannot begin to tell you how thrilled I am. I made it the entire length of the 60 Day Challenge I set for myself.
ALL THE WAY TO THE END!!!
Sometimes you just gotta stop for one second and be proud of yourself. Sometimes you gotta just pat yourself on the back and say YAY ME!
That’s where I am. However, I am absolutely not stopping here. I have set a Challenge for myself for the next 30 Days. AND I am joining with a friend for a series of 10 Day Challenges where we are pushing ourselves in one or two areas and holding each other accountable.
There is nothing like the feeling of success. Not. One. Thing.
Are you challenging yourself in an area right now? Please comment on this blog (below). Share it with the world. Make it public. It seems a little more real when you do.
I can’t wait to encourage you back.
Day 61 of the 60 Day Challenge!!!
I know what you are thinking. Vegan? What is that word doing on a post title?
On, more specifically, my post title???
Well, I’ve been on a health journey. I felt lead to put myself on a 60 day challenge (I talked about it already here.and here.) But I never would have expected it would take me here.
I would have argued with you if you said it would. Actually, I think I did argue about it. Continue reading
Tip #1 — DON’T MAKE A BIG GIANT DEAL OUT OF IT.
Sometimes we drive our own selves crazy. Don’t go intensely into it. Just start. Scribble a list. Don’t make a list of gourmet meals you have never cooked before. Begin with your regulars. Don’t read 400 blog posts about it and 2,317 Pinterest recipes.
- Pull out a piece of paper
- Go to your kitchen
- Open your pantry, your fridge, and your freezer
- Write down the main dish items you have on hand
- Add a side dish or salad
It’s not really embarrassing, just sort of weird.
I’m addicted to meal planning.
Truly. I know, weird. Continue reading